Wednesday 27 March 2013

A baby card and some Christmas bells

I keep feeling guilty when friends ask me for my blog address and I have to explain that I haven't updated it for a while.  Note to self:  Upload a photo of something I am working on each week.......well we'll see won't we!  It's been a bit of a poo nine months really, my Brother-In-Law died of Cancer and my Sister looked after him at home right until the end so we (family and friends) took turns in supporting and helping her, he died at the end of June and then in November I had a heart attack, not a serious one, but one nonetheless and am trying desperately to change my bad habits and lead a healthier life, but the weather has not been kind to us.  

On a happier note my Son and girlfriend visited from Australia during December and in October they got engaged and are getting married March 2014 in Woolgoolga, Coffs Harbour, Australia, which is where she comes from......some something to get in shape for.....oh and to save for!

Friends of ours recently brought baby Casey into the world and this is a card I made for them.  I haven't yet had a cuddle with the new born and must arrange a visit.  I blame the weather, this snow doesn't inspire one to get off their backsides and do anything.....watching TV with a crochet hook and ball of wool is all I can muster these days, oh and snoozing!  

I succumbed and bought a Martha Stewart edge punch, mainly because I have been asked three times during the past year to make/design wedding invitations and thought that this lends itself to a romantic theme.  


I bought the gingham card at a show in Five Lakes, Essex (cannot remember the show's name) in blue and I have some in pink too, love it for baby cards.  The tile is a 2" square piece of stampbord coloured with alcohol inks and about four layers of clear UTEE  plus a little gold embossing powder that I stamped into with the foot stamp.  


I have also made two lots of wedding invites this year already, although they were almost identical, which made the second lot easier, just a slight variation with the flower, but made some mocks for them to look at.  I shall put them up here when I gather the photos together, some.  I never know whether I will find them on my camera, Andy's camera or my iPhone to be honest.......another note to self:  Be more organised!

I have also been sewing and made this little Christmas ornament to try out smocking, which I haven't done since my school days.


The one on the right is my one and the purple one I bought at the Warner Archive Christmas sale in Braintree, but it was made by a friend in my Thursday class.  I wanted to make more, but with the heart attack happening it changed a few things before Christmas, I shall make some more next year to give out to friends and family.  Some of the girls made Christmas crackers with the central body beaded and smocked, they were lovely.  


More to come from my crafting world.......

Carol xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blog Archive