Tuesday 31 July 2012

I have been crafting......honestly

It's a whole year since I last blogged and I feel so ashamed that I haven't got around to putting my stuff on here.  It also means that I have a lot of blogs to visit too. Anyway here are a few things that I have been up to the past year.
My friend asked me to make her a couple of hair clips for her holiday, this is one of them.  Very easy to make, just cut five or six rounds of organza of slightly different sizes.  Hold each piece individually down on a heat-proof surface (I used a chop stick) and carefully burn/melt the edges with your heat gun to make the edges shrivel slightly.  You can use a candle flame, but I always use the heat gun.  Arrange pieces, pin through all layers and sew right through all layers, then shape it to how you want it and secure with one or two stiches.  Sew on required embellishments and then either a comb or brooch pin.  Eazy Peazy!  I did make two, but didn't photograph the other one, maybe she will give me a photo of her wearing it.
My friend's Son gets married in two weeks and between us we made the wedding invitations, order of service, seating plan and place settings, I am going to the wedding so will take a photo of the tables and the seating plan on the day.  I introduced my friend to card-making and she very quickly got hooked (didn't we all), so much so that she ended up making wedding invites for her friend's daughter.  I must admit I did all the cutting and showed Sue what to do and she ended up doing most of the work, which she found very relaxing.  The photo isn't very good as I took it with my phone, never mind.


I love to craft in the garden when I can, usually sewing.


Some sad news, my brother-in-law died very recently and my Sister suggested that she gives me his silk ties to see what I can make from them as she knows that I use very small pieces of material on some of my projects.  I then proceeded to get some ideas on the Internet and was amazed at the amount of people that do this, rugs, dresses, bags, you name it, I found it.  So I am looking forward to receiving these and making them into some lovely things for my sister.  I will of course post these on here.  
I am on two workshops next month for machine embroidery and hand sewing with mixed media, so looking forward to it as I haven't been to a class either for a year.  It is a friend of mine that is the tutor and I think it will be great.
Bye for now, have a great day and I look forward to visiting a few of your blogs, I have a lot to catch up on.
Carol x

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blog Archive