Wednesday 29 June 2011

I've been away for so long.........

Sorry for neglecting the world of blogging for so long.  I don't know how it happened, it just did!  Well I'm back, hopefully on a regular basis and do have a little work to show.  I have a lot of catching up to do and a lot of blogs to go and visit so you might get some remarks from me on old postings.  My last entry was March, I did so many cards that week and really haven't made many since and if I have I probably didn't take a photo of it......I have of course been sewing as you will see in the next post.  If the weather is nice I sit in the garden, put a cloth over the table and sew, I find it so relaxing, if the weather is bad I either sit here, watch Iplayer or live TV on the computer and paper craft or if I am in cosy mode I sit and watch TV, snuggled under a blanket I either crochet or again, sew.....sometimes I do neither as I have fallen asleep!  I just get into that position with the blanket over me and I am sure that my brain remembers that it was my bed for six weeks when I broke my ribs a couple of years ago and puts me to sleep.......lovely it is, I can sleep for hours!

Not a new stamp, but one of my favourites.  I succumbed and bought some Distress Inks, wanted to see if they were really any different, not sure that they are yet, although I love Ranger Inks anyway, especially the colours.  I am quite sceptical about new things as there is always something similar or even the same already in your stash or something you can improvise with.
 The two images above are better than the finished article below!  This card is for My Sister to give to her friend and I hope she likes it, I always worry a bit when I'm making cards for someone else to give away.  This time (using an old PSX Botanical stamp) I embossed it, which I have never done before and rather like the results.  I used watered down Distress Ink in Faded Jeans, Spiced Marmalade, Dusty Concord and Peeled paint and painted in the colour.  I added Distress Inks around the edge of the image, mostly undiluted.  Glossy Accents were finally added to the petals, this was a new bottle and I love using a new bottle of Glossy Accents!
 Hope to hear your comments....................

3 comments:

My name is Cindy said...

Hi Carol!! I think the embossing has worked a treat. KNow what you mean about being absent - have had so many probs with blogger the last couple of months I almost gave up. Now I don't seem have time to do crafting anymore... just don't know where this year's gone. I have also got into the bad habit of falling asleep on the sofa!! Good to see you back, can't wait to see your sewing, sounds idyllic, sitting in the sun....

lisa said...

How lovely to see you back, Carol and with a gorgeous project. It's funny, you are the second person this week to say they don't think the stains are much different to the ink pads!!
I love that soft background you've created, it's beautiful and the embossed petals make the sunflower really pop out.
It's amazing how time flies by isn't it, to think we're already half way through the year. It's nice to know we all craft in different places and at different times, although I try not to succumb to snoozing during the day, only on the sofa at night in the middle of a film and then have to ask DH what happened!!
Hugs Lisax

Heather B. said...

Gorgeous sunflower card. I like the embossing and glossing accents combo- will have to give it a go sometime too. As far as distress inks versus stains- Distress stains are meant to cover a larger area quick as a color base. The inks pads themselves can be used as watercolors, stamping, and have greater color saturation. I tend to go with the inks more but if I'm covering a large background area the stains work great. I like the control of using the stamp pads on a craft sheet or with a water brush-- my default favorite. Again- lovely sunflower card. The firey oranges and yellows really capture summer.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blog Archive